image1 image2 image3

HELLO |WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|THIS IS MY WORLD

Cyber Crimes : Photo Misuse !

Just few days back, an image popped up on my phone ,it was a message from my friend.
the pic was mine ,it was a facebook profile ,but that profile wasn't mine ! It was under a different name...a name that I hadn't even heard before.
I got panicky, right away I knew, someone was stealing my pictures. But my Fb pictures were locked. I checked to find out that all the pictures that were used were my Instagram photos !
My friend was alert enough to inform all my other friends and asked me to do the same. It was the right decision. Though some of my friends were in a different city...They called up the police and also reported the fake profile. I gathered my senses and did the same. Also I was fortunate enough to know some people who could contact Fb directly and informed what exactly had happened. Next morning I got up to the news that the fake profile was removed.
That was fortunate for me.Maybe most of you dont understand the seriousness about this , but those who have actually been through something similar , will know how scary this can get.
 I would definitely advise especially girls, Instead of getting scared and hiding something like this, Inform as many people as you can. You will definitely get all the help and support that you need. And there is no need to worry because your real friends will never judge you ,and always support you.
All such things are not less than any crime and should be reported immediately. The Police and Cyber Crime Cells are there to help. Such perverts should be punished. Because who knows there will be so many more fake profiles like this and many of the girls whose pictures are being used wouldn't even be aware about this!
Many people told me that its better if I keep my photos private on Instagram. What I dont understand is how will I ever know what kind of people send me follow request , I mean are they good or are they sick by mind?!! You can never know !! And is this really a reason to give up what you like and share it with your friends and family?!! For what??? For such pathetic people??!!!
I actually think that there should be a pop up notification when someone screenshots your photos on Instagram! Why not ?!!!!
Also If Fb notifies you when you get tagged in a picture, Why can't they have something like a face recognition ?!! So when someone uploads your pictures ,you can get notified ! and people who are celebs can always choose to keep that notifications off ! I guess something like this can be really helpful.
I have been reading news about how some kids photos were stolen ,and then that photos were used to sell the kid for a certain amount of money & how the kid actually got kidnapped for ransom!
I mean all this is really serious and social networking sites should really consider this and upgrade for everyone's safety.
I really hope that whoever reads this ,can pass on the message, so that all such cyber criminals can stop messing with other people's life! To use anyone's photos to accomplish your own lame purposes is not right ! and severe actions should be taken against such sick people ...!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment