image1 image2 image3

HELLO |WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|THIS IS MY WORLD

Real Life Horrors!

Eveteasing and Stalking : How many of you are familiar with these terms ??
I am sure many of you are and those who are not or have not had any experience of these , I would say that you are lucky !
In a country where I live, eveteasing is too common , so common that you would hear some people say that " It happens! Just Ignore !"
Eveteasing,  if u define it , is basically Street Harassment of Women by Men .
It just means that Men pass certain comments or use some inappropriate words when you are passing them by ...
For some people, this is not such a big thing ! But I totally disagree!
Just few weeks back ,I had a similar experience.
As a part of my daily routine , I was taking a Walk in the compound of my home. Now my house is located on a relatively busy street . There are always people driving, taking a walk etc.

So I wouldn't really care about who was doing what, & just take my walk for about 40 min and that's it.
However I began noticing, that there was some guy who stood right across the street & would keep on staring till I finished my walk.
Still I decided to Ignore. Few days later, He began to walk along with me ,across the street!
This got me a bit uncomfortable . So I decided to change my timings  & began my walk a bit earlier. This worked for few days because by the time that guy came, I would finish my walk and get inside. That was a relief. Few days later I notice, the same guy standing across the street just after my Dad would leave the house. This meant, he was keeping a watch at my home & whenever my dad left, he would come & stand closer to my home.
This scared me a bit. & as a result,  I just stopped taking a Walk outside & Instead started walking inside!! That was frustrating !

Two days later , after my dad leaves, the guy is at the main gate of my home, banging the gate. It was evening and it gets dark early since its Winter these days, also as I mentioned that it was a busy street, nobody really noticed the guy standing at the gate !
I thought it must be the Laundry boy, so I go out and I see the guy & immediately I recognize him ! I knew that very moment, I will not ask any questions like" who  are you or what do you want ?!!' or anything like that. Maybe thats what he wanted : that I say something to him.So I came right back inside and locked the doors. Fortunately I have this habit of keeping the main gate locked whenever my Dad leaves . So that was a relief, that the person wasn't going to just walk inside.

But I knew now that this was more than enough! I can't just sit inside my home and not go outside at all!
I had to do something about this.It had to end.
I went outside and checked .The guy was gone. I knew there was a Police Patrolling car that passed the street very often .So I waited for the Police and finally when I saw the patrolling car, I stopped them and told them everything that had happened.Now I had no details about who that man was, but still  the Police was kind enough to note my complain & told me not to worry. Later when my Dad came home, I told him too. My Dad went to all the neighbors & informed them & told them how they should not allow just any random person to stand outside their homes.
Since then , I have not seen that person again! The police did their work !

All this makes me wonder how certain people take these things liberally in our country. And how there should be much Stricter laws against all this nonsense !

Just because there is no Physical violence or molestation involved, things like these are not taken seriously ! Maybe thats the only reason why men with such sick mentality are not afraid to harass Women in any way they can. Even if Pepper sprays are legal to use , Women should be given more freedom to defend themselves in any way they can. Tasers should me made legal for Women to carry for Self defence. Also there should be stricter punishments for psycho like these who are roaming on the streets freely !!
And for all the girls, I would like to say that there is No need to be scared & we are much more stronger and capable than we think when it comes to protecting ourselves !
I would like to know if any of you had any such experience or What are your opinions about certain laws that we have today ?!! any feed backs are always welcome. .
Stay Strong & Keep reading!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment